[Remops] 'kreti' back online

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Mon Oct 7 15:32:58 BST 2013

On 7 October 2013 06:18, Yamashi Tanaka <yamashi at hoi-polloi.org> wrote:

> P.S.: Is there any reason not to enforce PFS and strong encryption on
> SMTP connections handled by a Mixmaster node? I had started doing that
> and saw a lot of connections to other Mixmaster nodes failing...

 Hm. A (1 year old) survey of inbound TLS support on mixmaster nodes is at
http://www.noreply.org/tls/ - a lot of them are listed as supporting DHE.

A more methodical test may reveal they are unable (or unwilling) to
negotiate TLS (or certain ciphersuites) on outbound connections.  (This may
be the smtps column, which very few servers support)

-tom