[Remops] Zax nymserv - error

Steve Crook steve at mixmin.net
Thu Oct 4 12:15:04 BST 2012

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 01:52:29PM -0600, Breaka.net Anonymous Remailer Administration wrote:
> I notice the following error occuring when nymserv processes the inbox:
>
> [screen]
> breaka at dragon935:~$ nymserv --process
> /usr/bin/python: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available
> (required by /usr/bin/python)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/nymserv", line 1288, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/bin/nymserv", line 1257, in main
>     mailbox.process()
>   File "/usr/local/bin/nymserv", line 252, in process
>     processed = msgparse(recipient, message)
>   File "/usr/local/bin/nymserv", line 712, in msgparse
>     processed = process_config(result, payload)
>   File "/usr/local/bin/nymserv", line 808, in process_config
>     uids = getuidmails(gpgparse['uidmail'])
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/nymserv/gnupg.py", line 403, in
> __getitem__
>     return self.gpgstat[key]
> KeyError: 'uidmail'
> breaka at dragon935:~$
> [/screen]
>
> Any ideas what's going on? Obviously, something to do with gpg and keys.

Hi Ken,

This is a condition the nymserver should handle but didn't. In other
words, it's a bug.  I've just committed a patch for it.

The problem appears to be a new nym request where the imported public
key is valid but doesn't contain any UIDs with valid email addresses on
them.  The patch will cause these requests to be rejected and a suitable
message logged.

Out of interest, are you running "nymserv --process" manually (or via
cron)?  For normal use, you can use "nymserv --start" which will start
the nymserver as a daemon and periodically process the inbox.

Regards
Steve