[Remops] crooks-nymserv-a038ff2 new error

Steve Crook steve at mixmin.net
Sat Mar 3 17:58:13 GMT 2012

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 11:27:46AM -0800, CDN Freelancer wrote:
> OK. Now, I'm getting the following error with crooks-nymserv-a038ff2 and python2.7. Still looking for the solution but any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> -ken
>
> [root at ns2 ~]# nymserv --start
>   File "/usr/bin/nymserv", line 208
>     class Mailbox():
>                   ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> [root at ns2 ~]#

Hi Ken,

It looks like Centos is objecting to Python class definitions that have
parenthisis but don't inherit anything. Please can you try editing
/usr/bin/nymserv and changing line 208 to:
class Mailbox:

The error will still occur as there are lots of class definitions using
the same syntax but it should fail on a different line.

I'm surprised this is happening with such a recent version as 2.7.  Have
you reinstalled the package since upgrading or does it still reside in
/usr/local/lib/python2.4/dist-packages/nymserv

If that's the case, try deleting and reinstalling the package.  It
should then be in: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nymserv