[Remops] Cripto remailer seized

christian mock cm at tahina.priv.at
Tue Apr 24 17:02:12 BST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 04:15:20PM +0200, Marco Calamari wrote:

> > And indeed, the local authorities are imaging austria's disk as we speak
> > on request of the FBI.
> >
> > So expect a bit of downtime and a set of new keys...
>
> Did you know of other remailer in trouble? (PM, if needed)

I haven't heard anything.

But the impression I got is that the FBI did really try to get this done
quickly[0], so if you're running an exit remailer in a jurisdiction that
has a legal cooperation treaty with the US, you'd better be prepared.

cm.

[0] You've all heard that international co-operation WRT cybercrime is
sooo slow. In this case, the first queries regarding the Pittsburgh
bomb threats arrived two weeks ago...

--
> Ich habe neulich ein paar Salate kennengelernt, die hatten eine
> ausgesprochen schlechte Meinung über Vegetarier.
Iß keinen Salat, weil du Tiere liebst, sondern weil du _Pflanzen haßt_!
                      -- Roger Schwentker und Felix von Leitner in dasr