[Remops] Antani remailer status

Marco A. Calamari marcoc1 at dada.it
Wed Mar 10 08:41:23 GMT 2010

No explanation was given, in remops or APAS, of the unexplained
downtime of Antani remailers, lasting from beginning of February.

Being a person no more involved in the Antani administrator but
with some knowledge of the situation, I think that posting
infos I know here is the Right Thing to do.

The Antani mixmaster and mixminion remailers, created by me
 and other people, are administered since 2007 directly by
 the italian LUG that owns and manage the server.

The group discussed in public if maintain operational the
 remailers, and decided to tentatively stop the remailers
 waiting for a final decision to maintain open or close it.

Despite suggestion, they didn't make communication of this
 in remops or APAS, but only removed any reference about
 remailers from the LUG site.

This gray situation IMO may last forever. I hope I'm wrong.

I want to remark that AFAIK *no compromise* of remailer
 happened; the only problem I'm aware of is the lack of
 information given to remop and user community.

As final note, being I one of founders of Antani remailers,
 I want to thanks the group for the support they give for
 years to the remailer community.

--

+--------------- http://www.winstonsmith.info ---------------+
| il Progetto Winston Smith: scolleghiamo il Grande Fratello |