[Remops] flood

Marco A. Calamari marcoc1 at dada.it
Tue Apr 28 17:51:22 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 13:39 +0100, admin at nymu.eu wrote:
> I can confirm that what Chris and Frell remailer are saying there is
> a significant increase at nymu.eu remailer.

Yes, the pboxmix is experiencing the same load 30+ that
 lasted for one month few weeks ago.

I supposed that nilsimsa on pboxmix is doing his
 work of filtering the flood out as before,
 but the load is so high that I cannot login to
 the (linux) box to check.

After few hours I was able to see the stats, and the quantity
 of dropped messages was a lot less that the one in the previous
 flood (25% versus 60+%).

This flood seems to be less prone to nilsimsa detection.

So I banned the french address via iptables and the load
 decreased to 10 from 30+; you can see the mail number
 processed on pboxmix statistics.

The load on the remailer reamains huge, maybe due to
 flood messages passed by other remailers.

Someone attempted to characterize flood input/chains?

Go ahead exchanging info between us here.

Ciao.   Marco
--

+--------------- http://www.winstonsmith.info ---------------+
| il Progetto Winston Smith: scolleghiamo il Grande Fratello |