[Remops] echolot pinger instructions

eel bash eelbash at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 17:57:03 BST 2008

I wonder if someone could clear this up for me. I want to install the echolot pinger, but one sentence in the instructions is incomprehensible:

++++
Then start echolot using /etc/init.d/echolot start
and add some addresses to it: /etc/default/echolot add remailer at example.com.
++++

It's this bit:
add some addresses to it: /etc/default/echolot add remailer at example.com

I tried adding a remailer in column 1 in /etc/default/echolot. For example:

mixmaster at cthulu.joatcrafts.org

But when i try to start the pinger it thinks that line is a command.

I tried:

add mixmaster at cthulu.joatcrafts.org

with the same results.

I even tried adding addresses to /etc/init.d/echolot on the off-chance that is what the writer of the instructions was trying to say, but no luck.

I suppose with enough random tries I might stumble on the right combination, but thought it would be more practical to ask the experts.

Any ideas?

Thanks