[Remops] hermetix not in pingers stats anymore!?

remop at hermetix.org remop at hermetix.org
Sun Oct 14 11:43:28 BST 2007

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 01:29:50AM +0200, Senshi-Admin wrote:
> Hi!

Hi,

> On 11 Oct 2007 at 23:33, remop at hermetix.org wrote:
> > my remailer (hermetix_ does not appears in stats anymore as of today, at
> > least anywhere I checked (noreply, cside, ath, hermetix!).
>
> have a look at http://stats.mixmin.net/ . You'll see that Frell and Senshi
> are still listing you at near 100%.
> This of course doesn't explain why all the others dropped hermetix.

Yes, things were running smoothly until then. The day before I checked
and it was shown as reliable by the others too. Overnight it wasn't in
the stats anymore! Quite surprising.

> My theory is that the software most pingers use (including your own!),
> echolot, decides whether or not a remailer is alive based on it's Type I
> cpunk stats. (Any comments on that, anyone?)
> And Hermetix stopped answering cpunk pings 8 days ago.

Ah! I guess you're right, but then it would mean that it gives up after seven
days and remove the remailer from the list!? Sounds a bit harsh ;)

> Unfortunately you can't see a comparison of all pinger's cpunk view
> on mixmin.net (banana's site), therefore I have built a similar page for
> both mixmaster and cpunk at http://senshiweb.webhop.net/metastats/
>
> If I'm correct, you only have to return cpunk pings again and hermetix will
> show up in the mixmaster stats.

I'm not sure why it did stop answering them in the first place. I'll have to
look into this. Any ideas what could have changed?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to check this out.
I appreciate it very much.
--
Hermetix Remop