[Remops] (no subject)

deuxpi-admin at deuxpi.ca deuxpi-admin at deuxpi.ca
Sat Apr 28 00:17:39 BST 2007

This message is not signed. Please allow me a few days to get access to the private and revocation keys, then an official announcement should follow soon.

Well... sorry to announce that, but the deuxpi remailer is down for now and the machine is being currently under investigation by the RCMP. The service will most likely come back with new keys (and some new hardware) when things get resolved. My wish is that this event will open the door to a better understanding of remailers and anonymous servers in the law enforcement environment. On the other hand, it seems that this was a call from the FBI, and the RCMP is just doing a boring job. Oh well...

On a technical viewpoint, key passphrases are secure and critical parts (swap and parts of the spool directories) were running on encrypted partitions so there should not be anything more critical that the current message pool. I wish the analysts good luck :)

Please stop using the public keys for the Mixmaster (Mix and RSA keys), Mixminion, and Tor servers. I repeat that there will be a signed announcement soon when I get a safe copy of the admin keys and revocations.

--
Deuxpi Admin <deuxpi-admin at deuxpi.ca>
http://www.deuxpi.ca/

(hmm... don't write to this address now, really :) )