[Remops] Help - PGP decrypt problem

Admin admin at twistycreek.com
Sun Jan 29 02:36:48 GMT 2006

Hello Senshi-Admin,

SA> Hi!

SA> On 28 Jan 2006 at 12:03, Admin wrote:
>>   I have 4 messages in my trash bin that were PGP encrypted to the
>>   re-mailer. I have tried several time to reprocess them but they still go
>>   back to the trash bin.

SA> 4 Messages?? I have thousands of them every month. Now and then I try one
SA> of them manually like you described, almost everytime with this "bad session
SA> key" error.
SA> (Since end of November 2005, I have 185 from you!)

>>   what could be causing it? Something in the way Mercury handles the
>>   message?

SA> I don't think so. But I can't explain it either. I would have said, it's
SA> the way mixmaster generates pgp messages, but these mails arrive from
SA> both remailer types, mixmaster and reliable. So...
SA> The only thing they have in common is, they are encrypted to my RSA key.

>>   Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am at a loss.
>>   I hate the thought that I am dropping someone's messages and want to fix
>>   it.

SA> Same for me, but I resigned to it many months ago.

SA> Senshi-Admin

I got to wondering today. I use JBN and have several nyms set up. Some
of them get spammed pretty badly. I was wondering if there was any chance that
when JBN is retrieving and decrypting mail from AAM and Reliable tries to
process PGP messages at the same time if there could be some kind of
collision going on. Like Reliable and JBN trying to use PGP simultaneously
and doing something unpredictable.

I disabled retrieving messages in JBN for now to see if that is a
possibility.

I am just at a loss to figure it out. At least I know I am not the only one
with the same problem. Some small consolation :(

I have 2 PCs setup. One is the re-mailer and the other is general purpose.
The general purpose PC is geared toward my wife's use. Like her Gmail
account, bookmarks, and so on. So I tend to log into the re-mailer PC which
is geared toward my use and read the news and get my mail from it.

Here is hoping <G>

--
Best regards,
 Admin                            mailto:admin at twistycreek.com