[Remops] Help - PGP decrypt problem

Admin admin at twistycreek.com
Wed Feb 1 04:30:53 GMT 2006

Hello Admin,

A> Hello Senshi-Admin,

A> Saturday, January 28, 2006, 8:48:35 PM, you wrote:

SA>> Hi!

SA>> On 28 Jan 2006 at 12:03, Admin wrote:
>>>   I have 4 messages in my trash bin that were PGP encrypted to the
>>>   re-mailer. I have tried several time to reprocess them but they still go
>>>   back to the trash bin.

SA>> 4 Messages?? I have thousands of them every month. Now and then I try one
SA>> of them manually like you described, almost everytime with this "bad session
SA>> key" error.
SA>> (Since end of November 2005, I have 185 from you!)

>>>   what could be causing it? Something in the way Mercury handles the
>>>   message?

SA>> I don't think so. But I can't explain it either. I would have said, it's
SA>> the way mixmaster generates pgp messages, but these mails arrive from
SA>> both remailer types, mixmaster and reliable. So...
SA>> The only thing they have in common is, they are encrypted to my RSA key.

>>>   Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am at a loss.
>>>   I hate the thought that I am dropping someone's messages and want to fix
>>>   it.

SA>> Same for me, but I resigned to it many months ago.

SA>> Senshi-Admin

A> I got to wondering today. I use JBN and have several nyms set up. Some
A> of them get spammed pretty badly. I was wondering if there was any chance that
A> when JBN is retrieving and decrypting mail from AAM and Reliable tries to
A> process PGP messages at the same time if there could be some kind of
A> collision going on. Like Reliable and JBN trying to use PGP simultaneously
A> and doing something unpredictable.

A> I disabled retrieving messages in JBN for now to see if that is a
A> possibility.

A> I am just at a loss to figure it out. At least I know I am not the only one
A> with the same problem. Some small consolation :(

A> I have 2 PCs setup. One is the re-mailer and the other is general purpose.
A> The general purpose PC is geared toward my wife's use. Like her Gmail
A> account, bookmarks, and so on. So I tend to log into the re-mailer PC which
A> is geared toward my use and read the news and get my mail from it.

A> Here is hoping <G>

Since I turned off the auto retrieve of nym messages from AAM, I have not
had a PGP decrypt error. No errors like that at all.

Has anyone received a PGP encrypted message error from me for the last
couple of days?

Still trying to get to the bottom of it. I was retrieving all encrypted
messages from AAM every 15 minutes. Now I do it manually. I turn off
Reliable master before retrieving messages. When all messages are received
and decrypted, I restart Reliable master.

So far, so good.

--
Best regards,
 Admin                            mailto:admin at twistycreek.com