[Remops] Suggestion for dest-block

Admin admin at eelbash.org
Fri Dec 8 23:09:32 GMT 2006

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 08:48:43 -0800, Len Sassaman wrote:

 > Support for this would be trivial to implement in Reliable as well...

Good to see one of our remailer experts taking note of this. Let's hope
one or more other experts will do what's necessary.

Remember, fellows, an angry abused user is a dangerous abused user. Let's
make sure they direct their anger at the anonymous abuser and not at the
remailer that merely passed on the message (like the telephone company
does, right?). If they feel the remailer is on their side, they'll be less
likely to scream at your isp. You can get them to feel that way by things
like super-dest-blocks that get the abusers off their back in one fell
swoop.

The political climate is becoming even more repressive and hysterical; and
remailers could be gone in the flash of a demagogue's pen as he signs
some 'patriot anti-email abuse' act.

Let's try to get some users on our side, not that it will do much good,
probably, beyond delaying the inevitable for a bit.