[Remops] Call to Remops: Protest attempt to silence a remailer

Eelbash Admin admin at eelbash.org
Wed Dec 6 12:42:20 GMT 2006

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:50:00 +0000, Anonymous wrote:

> On Wed,  6 Dec 2006, George Orwell <nobody at mixmaster.it> wrote:
>>Eelbash Admin wrote:
>>
>>FLUSH!
>>
>>CC: abuse at bigpipeinc.com, ipadmin_bigpipe at bigpipeinc.com,
>>    abuse at shawbusinesssolutions.ca
>>
>>According to section 2 "PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES", Email Violations
>>subsection, of your AUP as seen at:
>>
>>http://www.bigpipeinc.com/html/acceptable_use_policy.jsp
>>
>>"- Altering the headers of email messages for the purpose of concealing
>>the recipient's or sender's identity, or any other illegitimate
>>purpose;"
>>
>>This is to notify you that a customer of yours is operating an
>>anonymizing, open mail relay, commonly known as a "mixmaster anonymous
>>remailer",  in direct conflict with the above AUP section. The remailer
>>is being operated at the domain eelbash.org, located at IP address
>>66.244.251.19. You can view the anonymous remailer web site web site at
>>http://www.eelbash.org/. Various announcements and help files are
>>posted to the Usenet news group alt.privacy.anon-server with the
>>following example message ID's:

>>The abuser of this hosted domain is your customer, as follows:
>>
>>Jiang Wu
>>345 N. Dienst Road
>>Burlington, Ontario CA L7S1X4
>>
>>Phone: 1+ (905) 529-8212
>>Email: eelbash111 at yahoo.com
>
> Well Eelshit, I guess somebody OWNs you now.
>
> good bye.
>
> I'd say it's been fun, but it hasn't.
>
> I am however glad to see you shut down forever once and for all.

Gentlemen:
This phony complaint is a threat to all remailers. I believe all isps have
some such language against changing headers. If they enforced it, there
would be no remailers.

I know that, as fellow lovers of Freedom of Speech, you are as disgusted
as I am with anyone who would take such actions against a remailer.

I call upon you to post to apas, strongly disapproving such terror tactics
against a remailer.