[Remops] Remops post

Senshi-Admin admin at senshi.homeip.net
Thu Jun 30 08:04:20 BST 2005

Hi!

On 29 Jun 2005 at 11:28, Anonymous wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:21:45 +0200, you wrote:
> > > I think LCS has run a sporadic remops list for years though I
> > > never received anything from it

The LCS remops list and the LCS mail server are buggy. The remops
list at shinn, later gmsociety, was set up to provide a better
alternative. It copied all messages from the LCS list.
The LCS list was almost abandoned, but never shut down.
After the gmsociety list was dead, I resubscribed to the LCS list,
but received mostly spam from it. The message about Antani being
shut down was the second valuable message in 4 months.
I'm glad this thread got crossposted to LCS, I would have never
noticed a new list.

> > > (and I believe there is no way
> > > to unsubscribe from it).

That's not true. It is no problem to unsubscribe as long as you use
the _exact_ same email address you used tu subscribe, including
the case. Email addresses are not case sensitive, so a list
server where "a"!="A" made people think you can't unsubscribe.
(That was back in 2002, they run a new list manager now, so
maybe this bug is removed now.)

> > > I could subscribe this list to the LCS list so that anything
> > > appearing there also ended up here - let me know what you think.
> >
> > I thik that would be A GOOD THING (TM)
>
> I have subscribed an alias to the LCS list. Any of the sporadic
> mail that gets sent out by the LCS list should also get posted
> to this list (after moderation - if it all works smothly then I
> will set it to automatic).

Please only after moderation, most messages on LCS are SPAM.

> I have not arranged for mail from this list to be sent to the
> LCS list.

Maybe announces about new list servers should be sent there ;-)

senshi-admin