[Remops] Mixmaster 3.0b2-2 problems

TwistyCreek anon at comments.header
Wed Dec 7 19:49:26 GMT 2005

I just upgraded Mixmaster again to 3.0b2-2 using aptitude in Debian
(testing).

Again I ran into a problem (mixmaster stopped working after the
upgrade) and I had to remove the new version and re-install the old.
Fortunately I was ready for it this time, so was watching my echolot
stas in real time - before I realised I could just
watch /var/mail/mixmaster grow in size.

It was also much easier to downgrade this time as I remembered the very
simple:

dpkg -i /var/cache/apt/archives/mixmaster_3.0b2-1_i386.deb

as the old version was still in the cache.

3.0b2-2 even failed when I ran it manually from the command line. It
managed to read the mail in OK but when I tried to send the spool, it
broke.

Has anyone else run into problems with 3.0b2-2